So you got the big news! You’re expecting and there are so many amazing things in store for you ahead. A baby boy, or girl and a lifetime of love from your little bundle. What an exciting journey you are about to embark on and ooh you’re in for a ride!
There are so many things to do while getting ready for your little one. The shower, nursery, parenting classes, finances, time off work etc. Not to mention you’ll be experiencing so many new changes within your body, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be extremely tired and nauseous. But being pregnant is honestly one of the most amazing times. It is quite possibly the single most important thing you will do as a woman. Growing a healthy tiny little human being inside of you from start to finish is truly a miracle. So what better time than now to have beautiful portraits taken.
Here are my top 5 reasons to have maternity portraits taken:
1. GET GLAMMED UP! I mean seriously, unless your a Kardashian, there really aren’t many reasons to get all glammed up with hair and makeup and schedule a portrait session where the focus is on you. Maybe a bouduir session or headshots. But when you’re capturing such an important time like being preganant the focus should be on you, and in my opinion you are the most beautiful. You have that pregnancy glow (for me it was likely perspiration on my forehead from being nauseous haha) and once your belly is nice and round you can push that sucker out and embrace how big it is for the only time in your life! So pamper yourself and look glamerous for some beautiful images you, and your children, will love for generations. You can use your own stylists or for a fee we can have hair and makeup services provided to you.
2. YOUR FAMILY IS CHANGING. If you’re having your first baby this is an especially memorable time for you and your partner. It’s likely been just the two of you and you are going to forever be bonded by this special little miracle you’ve created. If you’re married you likely have beautiful wedding portraits, but now it’s time to focus on your next chapter as parents. If you already have children, expecting another is equally as memorable. It’s a time when your existing children really get to be a part of this journey with you. And what a better time to have your last pictures taken togther before your newest addition arrives. My own maternity portrats were taken with my eldest daugher while I was expecting my youngest and the ones of the two of us togther are my absolute favorites!
3. INVEST. While most of us think of investments as financial, there are also cases where you should invest in moments. This is why I love my job so much because I get to help you capture and invest in beautiful portrats that capture the very most special events in your lives. Once your children are older these opportunites aren’t quite as frequent. You will appreciate that you documented them early on so you can cherish and remember them.
4. WARDROBE. As your body changes throughout pregancy one of the most annoying parts is finding clothes that fit! At Gable Photography we provide a full wardrobe of gowns for you to use during your maternity session. We have them in all sizes, colors and styles so you can check “what to wear” off your list. I even provide clothing for your children if they are being included. What we typically do is set up a “fitting” appointment where you come in and browse the wardrobe. See… I’m making it even easier for you!
5. LOCATION. Whether you want your images outside or indoors, we can accommodate. We have our large studio in Hilliard, Ohio and also have many perfect outdoor locations we can recommend.
I really could go on and on about why you sould not miss the opportunity to have maternity portraits taken. But above I’ve outlined some of the ones I chat with my clients about the most. If you are interested in scheduling we do offer discounted maternity sessions for those who are also scheduling a newborn session. Contact us today for availablity!